Monday 9 February 2015

Empties (Products I've Used Up)


I've been meaning to do one of these for a while. Keeping a Sephora bag full of garbage under my desk only adds to the hoarder vibes the rest of my messy room gives off. Anyways, on to the reviews.

Skincare

Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture, SPF 15: This stuff is okay? But I have really dry skin, especially in the winter, and I feel like this just doesn't do the job. I didn't finish it, it's actually in here because it expired. I've switched to the Aveeno equivalent of this, which is better so far.

Kirkland Signature Makeup Remover Wipes: These are the best. The very best. I have two different packaging of these, the new ones are bigger, and less dry, so they're even better. I've gone through so many of these.

Purederm Lemon Sheet Mask: This was super nice! Usually masks irritate my skin (I have the most sensitive skin ever) but this one just felt really cool and refreshing. I picked this one up at Wal-mart forever ago and I think I'm going to pick one up next time I'm there if they still have them.

Makeup

Be a Bombshell Mascara: I got this in one of my first ipsy bags. It was not good. It's clumpy and smelly and just overall very unpleasant.

Hair

Klorane Dry Shampoo: This was also from an ipsy bag. This however was a much more positive experience. I'm not super into dry shampoo, I rarely need it, but sometimes it comes in handy when my hair needs to be at it's best and I'm not due to wash it for another day. It doesn't smell the best, but who cares when it works so well.

Candles

Bath and Body Works Holiday Apple Crisp Candles: They're the two big ones. I was obsessed with this scent over the holidays, so much so that when my roommate got me one of these for Christmas and wrapped a shirt around it, I was super disappointed when the shirt stopped smelling like the candle.

Cinnamon Bun Soy Candle: That one's the medium sized one. I got it at Giant Tiger for $1. It was kind of nice? I mostly ended up burning it at the same time as another candle because the smell wasn't that strong. But I still enjoyed it.

Bath and Body Works Bourbon Butterscotch Candle: (the mini jar candle on the top left) This one was also a gift from a roommate. It smelled super nice but there's not much in these, so it ran out super quick.

Bath and Body Works Pumpkin Cupcake Candle: (the one on the bottom) This is the first candle I ever finished. I finished it in November I think, and then almost immediately went on to burn through one of the apple crisp 3-wicks. But I really liked it, I'm a sucker for cupcake-y scents.


If you're curious why my candles all have black stuff in them, it's because I only recently acquired a bbq lighter so I was previously lighting all my candles with a black pillar candle (or a Babylon Candle, as I like to call it, cause I'm a huge nerd)

2 comments:

  1. Well done on finishing so many candles! I haven't finished one in quite some time (probably because I've barely burned any candles for a while). Pumpkin Cupcake is one of my favourite scents. And I love the Kirkland wipes too, they're so good and so cheap compared to other brands!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've resolved to finish all the candles I have before I buy any more. And I really want the Tequila Lime Cupcake one that just came out, so I gotta get on that.

      Delete