Friday 6 February 2015

What's in My Bag! ft New Blog Logo

So I figured the blog was due for a bit of an update! I put my Adobe Illustrator skills and considerable font collection to use and made a new logo and a new background.



Now for the tag post. I was tagged for this on tumblr but I figured it was relevant to this blog too! I tag Lauren of Lipstick + Lacquer and McKenna of Genderwitch Swamp Club.

I usually carry a bigger purse, but I recently downsized because I fell in love with this bag and honestly it feels great. Not only does my shoulder thank me for the lighter weight, but I also feel more organized and it's way easier to find things.

The bag itself is New Look, I got it from ASOS. It's no longer available in black but they now carry it in "Oatmeal" which you can find here.

It lacks a lot of the things I usually look for in bags: multiple pockets, zip closure, long strap; but I love it. It feels like it adds a touch more class to my outfits... rainbow laced combat boots notwithstanding...

eos Lip Balm in Summer Fruit: I always carry around a lip balm, especially in the winter. The cold and my habit of biting them tends to do a number on my lips so it's good to be able to hydrate them whenever possible. I like this one because it reminds me of my girlfriend, because it was a gift from her. I'm also really impressed with myself because it's almost finished and I think I've finished a total of two lip balms in my life. I'm always losing them.

Bicycle Mini Wallet: I got this at Target because my new purse just barely fit my old wallet, and I kind of needed space for other things. It turns out having a smaller wallet is way easier. I spend so much less time fussing with zippers and flipping through cards I never use. Also the print on it is super cute.

Duracell Phone Charger: My parents got a set of these for the Disney World trip and I think I used it once when I was there. It's a lot more useful here, when I spend long bus rides killing my battery and need a bit more juice so that I can make sure I get home safe.

Headphones: Not much to say about these. They're blue, which I enjoy, they have a microphone and a remote which comes in handy. I hope they last a while I've grown quite fond of them.

Forever 21 Macaron Compact: You all may have noticed I'm a bit of a sucker for baked good prints. I had to spend a few more dollars to get free shipping on my last order so I threw this in my cart and I'm so pleased I did it's so cute.

Colourpop Lippie Stix in Bunny: I got this for Christmas from McKenna and I love it so much. I wore it yesterday (hence why it's in here) and I got so many compliments. Green lipstick is the best. I'm trying what I'm calling a new purse resolution to keep no more than two lipsticks in my purse at one time. When I emptied out my old one to transfer, I found eight. So far so good, but I've only been using this bag for about a week, so we'll see.

The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector Sample: The Body Shop at my mall was doing a "Girl's Night" yesterday, and while I didn't take part in the complementary hand massages or any of the other services they were offering, I did take a sample. This stuff smells bad. Like not horribly off putting but not nice at all, but it's thick and buttery and my hands feel so so nice. And the sample is pretty sizable, so I think it'll last a little while in my bag.

What do you keep an abundance of in your purse? Have you considered downsizing?*


*this sounds kind of like an infomercial to me. no judgement here, i promise. 


6 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to do a What's In My Bag post, so now that you've tagged me I'll have to get on that! My problem is that my handbag is ever-changing. I switch it a couple times a week!
    I've been doing pretty well with not keeping too many lip products in my bag too! I usually only carry the shade I'm wearing that day and my MAC Faux (go-to nude).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't do the purse switch up, I'm always just grabbing things and running out the door at the last minute. If I used a different purse all the time I'm certain I'd forget something important.

      But you have a majestic purse collection, so I don't blame you for wanting to use them all.

      Delete
    2. Purse switches are easier if you have a purse organizer insert I would think.

      Delete
  2. My purses I'm using right now are super ugly while I'm saving up for one from Japan! I'll have to do this post soon though. I'm lacking in posts because I've been busy and running out of ideas and my lighting setup is toast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Japanese purse, fancy! Sucks about your lighting setup. My current lighting setup is the front window in the living room, a piece of bristol board, a table to prop it up with, and a little photoshop magic.

      Delete
    2. I know! Its my HappyLite too so I use it for my seasonal depression too. :c

      Delete