Sunday 29 March 2015

How To: Style Printed Culottes

I recently bought a really cute pair of shorts from Forever 21+. After I bought them I started seeing shorts like them all over the place. This type of shorts are called culottes. The style dates back to middle ages, when they were worn by male nobility. In slightly more recent times they were worn by women for horseback riding, and now they're back in style for a less utilitarian purpose.


These particular shorts are no longer available but cute printed culottes are available in many places, such as here, here, and here!

I love these shorts because they're a break from the usual short, tight shorts I usually go for, but also different from my plentiful supply of skirts. They're super comfortable and there are so many options for wearing them.

Here are a few of my favourite ideas:




4 comments:

  1. Ooh perfect timing for this post! I just bought a pair of red and white polka dot culottes last night because I plan on somewhat disneybounding as Minnie Mouse this summer :). Really cute ideas here though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! If you need any help planning more disneybounds I am always up for it.

      Delete
  2. I wanna Disneybound!!!! D,:
    This is a cute idea for a post. I like those shorts on you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should disneybound for our hangout day! It would be fun :)

      And thank you! It was Emily's idea. Also thank you again I like the shorts on me too :)

      Delete