Thursday 8 October 2015

Fall 2015 Lookbook





Lately I've been trying to get out of a rut. Part of this process has been trying to dress really nicely whenever I leave the house. Another part has been asking my friend Mathuri to take OOTD pictures of me whenever we hang out. So I figured I should put them to use and make a little belated fall lookbook.

So let's get started!


This outfit was supposed to be very different. But then I spilled something on my other shirt and the bow tie I misguidedly tried to make in under an hour with no prior experience didn't turn out, so I just threw on a different button up and a cardigan and went with it. I definitely like this version better anyways.

shirt: American Eagle (similar) cardigan: Tommy Hillfiger 
(similar: Old Navy) skirt: home made (similar: Forever 21)


I'm slowly getting over my fear of shapeless clothing, and this dress is helping a lot. Nothing says "I don't need a defined waist" like a cute flowy a-line dress. The nice drapey cardigan doesn't hurt either. 

Also I highly recommend getting one of these ASOS oversized scarves, cause they're the coziest things ever and they come in lots of patterns and I wore mine as a blanket when I got cold at the grocery store last week.

dress: H&M cardigan: Walmart (similar: H&M)
scarf: ASOS (similar) boots: Call It Spring


Plaid = fall = plaid, right? Enough said. 

jacket: Marshalls (similar: H&M) dress: Marshalls (similar: H&M)
beanie: Journey's boots: Call It Spring


I wanted a dress with a hood, and I couldn't find one, so I made one. I'm considering selling them in my Etsy store because I feel like this is a niche in fashion that needs to be filled. 

jacket: H&M (similar) dress: home made 
sunglasses: Forever 21 (similar)
belt: Target bootsCall It Spring



What are your favourite looks for fall?

4 comments:

  1. All these outfits are so cute!! I LOVE that scarf and cardigan in the second look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfits are all so cute! I think the first one is my favourite :). Also I am so on board with shapeless dresses and blanket scarves lately. And dresses with hoods is definitely something that needs to be "a thing". Who knows, dresses with hoods could be the new dresses with pockets!

    ReplyDelete